Hey guys, I’ve been getting a lot of new followers recently and I wanna say hi and thank you for following me! My name is Tera but you can call me Left! I’m 24 years old and I’m living in LA with my best friend/fiancee Marcia. <3 I work outside of the arts industry, but drawing is something I dedicate almost all of my free time to. It’s so incredible to be able to share my art with people, thank you all so much!
However, with recent life events our finances have been put under considerable strain and I might be coming up on a span of a few weeks during which I won’t be able to draw much. After my hours at my old job were severely cut, I had to find a second full-time job. I was finally able to land one, but literally on my first day of work my fiancee was in a car accident with an 18-wheeler which fled the scene, leaving us to foot the bill.
She hasn’t really been able to talk much about the accident because it was pretty traumatic, so I’ve abstained from mentioning it until now. We’re extremely lucky she didn’t wind up in the hospital, but more than $10,000 of damage was still done to her car. Thanks to the miracle of car insurance, we didn’t have to pay the full amount, but over the course of dealing with the accident we’ve lost about $1,000.
With my job I know that we’ll at least squeak through rent, but there are other things right now that I can’t afford that I really need to pay (like my health insurance). I work full days, with about 3 hours of commuting PER DAY on top. Between that and the stress of deciding between eating lunch and saving for bills, it’s really hard to draw or work on projects.
If you guys are FEELIN THE LOVE, we’d both be so grateful if you’d consider helping us out! Here are a few ways you (yes you!) can help us not panic and die:
- Sketchbooks: I’ve got discounted sketchbooks up for sale via Gumroad and Sellfy! Gumroad takes credit cards and Sellfy takes paypal.
- Con Prints: As i mentioned the other day, my Storenvy is now open for business again! All of my shipping materials arrived today and any orders placed will be shipped in a timely manner. If you buy something through my storenvy, email me a screencap of your receipt at email@example.com and I can include a free doodle of whatever you request. For an extra $5 donation via paypal, I can do a more polished sketch and pack it along with your purchase!
- Commissions: I only have a few commissions on my plate right now (all of which have significant progress completed) so I’m comfortable taking on more. Since we’re in kind of dire need, I’d be happy to do some sketch/ink commissions like this for ~$10 or ink/marker drawings like this for ~$15-$20. Of course, I’m happy to discuss more expensive commissions. Either way, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can talk things over.
- Donations: I know some people just would rather donate than choose something like a commission or print or something. I feel bad about not giving anything concrete in return, but I understand that some people prefer that. If you do feel like donating, thank you so much for your generosity, it means the world to me! My paypal is email@example.com if you’d like to donate.
- Signal Boosting: I know a lot of people are in tight spots just like we are! I understand and I hope none of you beat yourselves up for not being able to donate/buy/etc. If you’d still like to help, signal boosting would be very kind of you.
Thank you all so much for your kindness and understanding and for sticking with us through this stuff!
Celebrating 413 Followers! (give or take a few)
To celebrate how much I can’t count, I’m having my first-rd giveway, offering up this fine weapon from the Derse arsenal, the REGISWORD. Stab your enemies. Stab your friends. Send anyone who wanders into your office on a perilous assassination mission. Whatever you want, it’s yours!
- One Regisword
- A custom Derse Hitlist with targets of the winner’s choosing
WHAT THE WINNER DOES NOT RECEIVE:
- A silly hat or uniform that you are required to wear by order of the Black Queen. You didn’t want to wear that stupid thing anyway. It’s awful.
- Reblog this post. No giveaway blogs or alt accounts please.
- There’s only one winner because I ain’t Jack Noir over here and have a pile behind my desk that I can just hand out willy-nilly.
- You don’t have to be following me to win, but if perhaps if you like prop making, props, and mostly Homestuck cosplay, why not Zoidberg?
- HOWEVER, I do wish to give a thank you reward to all my followers, so those following this blog will get an extra chance to win in addition to their reblog entry.
- You must have your ask box open at the contest’s end! I’ll randomly select a winner, but if you don’t respond within 48 hours, I’ll be skipping on down to the next person on the list.
- Winner within the United States pays NO SHIPPING.
- For international shipping, I’ll cover the first 18 dollars, but the winner must cover the rest if necessary and understand the problems that may arise with international shipping (lost packages, customs hangups, longer shipping times, marauding bears, etc.)
Contest ends September 13, 2014! Good luck and perhaps the likelihood of winning be always in your corner.
The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales, “a postmodern” children’s book by Jon Sciezka, illustrations by Lane Smith
i sometimes forget this book was actually real instead of being one of those lurid fantasies you sometimes concoct of your own childhood
Wait OTHER PEOPLE actually know this book exists?
This fucking book
I love this book.
this is my end all favourite book ever to read aloud to people, the voices are so much fun hngnfhgk man I should record myself reading it or something that might be fun for everybody
I went to an Arab-American comedy night and there was a Muslim guy making a joke about being in high school football.
"I was hit so hard, I saw Jesus. Do you know how hard you have to be hit to see somebody else’s god?"
This is what jokes about religion are supposed to look like.
found this gem in the 1996 Cornell Women’s Handbook. it’s what to say when a guy tries to get out of using a condom
So this happened
oh how the roles and opinions have changed when it comes to a young boy
DAILY MAIL READERS, LADIES AND GENTS
FYI, when it first happened with the girls, everyone was calling their parents unfit to raise children, and the girls were being called narcissistic and fame hungry cause they had their picture taken for news, while with the boy, everyone was so quick to jump to his and his family’s defense, calling it a smart haircut, and his hairstyle none of anyone’s business.
I just wonder. When did hair become more important than education?
This is ludicrous.
"no, we want to put a different character in our movie!" the animator screams
but it’s too late
rapunzel has stormed the office and is knocking over furniture
"give me the helmet," she snarls, shaking a mocap actor by the ping-pong balls
remember those trailers for lilo and stitch where stitch barged in on other characters movies? thats what rapunzel is doing
They’re selling homestuck shirts at hot topic, brace yourselves a storm is coming kiddos.
There’s your proof, that was on my IG dash.
Actually, this is official! This was the shirt that Hot Topic picked to put in their…
By now, I’m sure a lot of you have seen this post going around where someone points out that the Hot Topic exclusive Homestuck shirt features white-washing where darker skin was depicted in the original art.
However, that post had a million different trains, and the OP wasn’t the one to point it out, so about half the people reblogging it have no idea that the original art was altered.
Even some of those who have seen the evidence are blaming things like lighting, filters, or printing restrictions for the altered design. All of that is bullshit, and I’ll show you why.
For your comparison, this is the original:
(screenshot of this)
And here are some photos I grabbed from Instagram:
As you can see, in each of these, John’s skin tone is much lighter than in the original submitted to the contest. This can only have been done deliberately, and what do we call the deliberate lightening of skin? White-washing!
As I said above, some people are of the opinion that is could have been done for any number of reasons, but it’s plain to see that it’s was done specifically so that each human character would appear white. Why is this obvious?
- The only other colour changes are the colour of shirt it’s printed on, so it can’t be a ‘printing restriction’ based on colour
- These images all have different lighting/angles and were all taken by different people
- Different or no filters have been applied, yet John’s skin is still visibly paler in comparison to everything else than it was in the original
This art was altered with purpose, there’s no two ways about it.
So what can we do?
Don’t stay ignorant. Get mad, and stay mad. Reblog this post. Contact Hot Topic and What Pumpkin to point out what this is and why it’s wrong. Tell everyone you know about how gross it is that this has happened.
"frozen is the first disney movie to deal with sibiling relationships and not romance"
Is that an example or a reaction?
Making someone smile and moan at the same time during sex should be a life goal for everyone.
one time my friend was here and she wanted to hold sebastian and so i let her. this is the first thing he did. where is he going? no one will ever know…..